Tuesday, February 27, 2007

third graders make me laugh :)

so every week i have each of my students write me a letter about what they're reading; this is their chance to practice summarizing, and to respond to their books. well anyway, i'm going through grading these and writing back, and i came across this gem:

2-16-07
Dear Ms. Seybold,
(here she answers questions from my previous letter, blah, blah...not too exciting for non-teacher types)

I abandoned that book because I found a book I wanted to read more but I am definitely going to go back to it! The new books I am reading are The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (hooray!!), by C.S. Lewis, and Death of a Princess, by Susan Geason. I will tell you about both of these books in my next letter but I have to go now because I think the bacteria-filled peanut butter has given me a fever.

Sincerely,
Erin



just so you know, last week Erin's mom called the school telling us that Erin's peanut butter might have been contaminated, and ever since, Erin's been worried about it...haha, my laugh for the evening :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP