saw the room
saw my classroom today (doesn't it weird you out that i can say that now?); there are actually a few things in it, so there's some positive news. spent most of today just working on classroom procedures and routines...still a long way to go (i haven't even started with lesson plans yet :( going downtown to sign the contract tomorrow, which is supposed to take 2-3 hours...whopee...is it a bad sign that you feel like you're going to have a meltdown, and you haven't even met your students yet?
extra info: apparently my class is a gifted cluster--perhaps that's a bonus in the behavior department, but i've never really worked with gifted kids before...yikes
p.s. lindsey, i know how you feel, and i'm praying for you sister :)
1 comments:
I think you will love working with those kids!
email me if you have general questions or need ideas. Every school is different when it comes to curriculum, so I won't be able to help you there... but maybe there's something I can do!
I think one of the hardest parts at the beginning was realizing how much there was to take care of and getting it all organized in my brain. (I was also hired 2 weeks before school started my first year)
Post a Comment